Glamping at Naturluxe & Stars is an experience that transcends weather conditions. While sunny days are typically preferred, rainy days (and nights!) bring an unparalleled opportunity for relaxation and rejuvenation. See some drops in the forecast for your upcoming glamping trip? We know exactly how you can embrace the rain, connect with nature, and discover the joys of glamping even when the weather takes a drizzly turn.
Embracing the Rainy Day Glamping Experience
Don’t let a little rain dampen your spirits. With a little preparedness, you might just wish that your weekend gets some rain. Rainy days offer a chance to slow down, unwind, and fully immerse yourself in the cozy comforts of your luxury tent at Naturluxe & Stars. Embrace the tranquility of the pitter-pat of raindrops on your tent and create lasting memories while you’re at it. With the right mindset and a few simple activities in your back pocket, the rainy glamping experience can be just as enjoyable as a sunny one (if not more).
The Restorative Benefits of Rain
There’s a reason nearly every sound machine comes equipped with at least one rain setting. Rain has a supremely calming effect on the mind and body. For most, the sound of rain can be soothing and therapeutic, helping to reduce stress and anxiety. Rain has an uncanny ability to lull us into a state of relaxation. And like most things, there’s a science behind it!
As air pressure lowers and the air fills with water vapor, the total level of oxygen in the air lowers and renders us a bunch of sleepyheads. At the same time, friction between air and raindrops causes negative ions to be released into the air. This phenomenon has been shown to improve nervous, cardiovascular, and respiratory system function, enhancing our mood and overall feelings of well-being. Rain makes us sleepy and happy. Being surrounded by nature on a rainy day provides an opportunity to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of daily life, allowing you to rest, recharge, and fully restore your energy. Even on a gray, foggy day, the crisp, clean air and lush, vibrant greenery of the Finger Lakes create a refreshing atmosphere that invigorates the senses.
Lean In To The Rain: 10 Rainy Day Glamping Activities At NaturLuxe & Stars
Is there anything better than having nothing to do but loll around on a rainy Saturday? Grab your hot cuppa and choose your own rainy-day glamping adventure:
1. A Steamy Shower in the Luxury Bathhouse: Our bathhouse features a private outdoor shower with double shower heads for the ultimate under-the-stars, rejuvenating experience. Whether you start or end your day with a hot shower, or opt for a pick-me-up mid-day, your rainy-day glamping experience is about to get a whole lot more soothing and rejuvenating. Bring your favorite aromatherapy shower bomb and let the warm water, steam, and rainy sky-scape wash away any tension and invigorate your senses.
2. Curl Up with a Good Book: Rainy days provide the perfect opportunity to cozy up with a good book. Whether you love the feel of the pages in your hands or are midway through a gripping audiobook, go ahead and snuggle into the plush bedding or cozy chair, sip on a hot beverage, and let the captivating words and rainy soundtrack transport you to different worlds.
3. Hike our Trails in the Rain: Don’t let the rain keep you from experiencing the stunning nature surrounding NaturLuxe & Stars! Put on your rain gear and embark on a refreshing hike along the scenic trails surrounding Naturluxe & Stars. The rain adds a unique ambiance to the landscape, bringing out the vibrant colors and refreshing scents of the forest. Wanna take it up a notch? Find a nearby waterfall for a double dose of negative ions!
4. Play Games in our Lodge Tent: Seek shelter from the rain in our Lodge tent, where you can find a variety of games to enjoy with your fellow glampers. Our lawn games are moved here to enjoy while it rains or feel free to bring along a favorite board game or puzzle. Challenge each other, laugh, bond, and create memorable moments while staying dry and entertained.
5. Listen to the Rain in Creek Side Lodge Tent: Find solace and tranquility in the Creek Side Lodge Tent, a covered outdoor space that allows you to enjoy the sights and sounds of nature while staying protected from the rain. Sit back, relax, and let the rhythmic sound of raindrops on the tent roof wash away any worries.
6. Embrace your Inner Child and Dance in the Rain: Feel the joy of the moment as you let go of inhibitions and allow the raindrops to invigorate your senses. Jump in puddles, twirl under umbrellas, and make memories that will last a lifetime.
7. Indulge in a Spa-like Experience: Your luxury tent is your own private oasis – up the ante by creating a spa-like ambiance. Bring your favorite aromatherapy oils, play soothing music, and pamper yourself with face masks, massage, and relaxation techniques. The sound of raindrops outside will further enhance the calming atmosphere.
8. Have a Movie Night In: Set up a mini home theater inside your luxury tent. Bring a small portable projector or use a laptop to stream your favorite movies. Snuggle up with our plush blankets, pillows, and your favorite local wine for a cozy movie night experience.
9. Engage in Arts and Crafts: If the craft cabin was your favorite place at summer camp, this one is for you. Tap into your creative side by bringing along a sketchbook and drawing materials to capture the beauty of the rain-kissed landscape. Alternatively, try your hand at painting, knitting, or creating nature-inspired crafts using materials you find around the gampground. Or bring along some adult coloring books and fun markers or pens. Boondoggle, anyone?
10. Yoga and Meditation: A yoga mat in combination with the therapeutic sounds of rain on your tent roof – you are about to reach the next level of your yoga journey.
Bonus – Hit The Wine Trail: Who said it has to be sunny to enjoy the amazing wineries of the Finger Lakes!
Tips for Staying Comfortable While Glamping in the Rain
NaturLuxe & Stars has been designed and built for luxurious comfort, even in the rain. You can rest assured that you will stay dry and cozy in your luxury beds all night long. To ensure your comfort while out and about, whether on the gampgrounds, hiking, or exploring the wineries and other treasures of the Finger Lakes/Watkins Glen area, here’s what you can plan on bringing:
- Rain gear: Be prepared for rainy weather by packing appropriate rain gear. Waterproof jackets, pants, and boots will keep you dry and comfortable during outdoor activities. If you plan on hiking, be sure to wear waterproof boots or water shoes that do not allow your foot to slip around inside once they become wet. All walking gear should be able to get wet and muddy and have good tread, firm soles, and reliable traction.
- Pack cozy layers: Weather can fluctuate wildly in the Finger Lakes. Opt for comfortable clothing that can be layered to adapt to changing weather conditions. Pack lightweight, quick-drying fabrics that will keep you comfortable even if you get a little wet.
You don’t have to let a rainy day (or even weekend) take away from your glamping experience at Naturluxe & Stars. These activities will allow you to fully embrace the restorative benefits of glamping in the rain. Whether you choose to curl up with a book, embark on a rainy hike, do yoga under the lodge tent, or simply listen to the soothing sound of raindrops, there are endless ways to turn a rainy weekend into an unforgettable glamping adventure. Book your stay today and discover the bliss of rainy glamping at Naturluxe & Stars.
Can I still enjoy outdoor activities during a rainy glamping weekend at Naturluxe & Stars?
Absolutely! Embrace the rain and venture out for activities like hiking, exploring the trails, or simply enjoying the serene beauty of nature. Just make sure to wear appropriate rain gear and stay safe.
Are the luxury tents at Naturluxe & Stars waterproof?
Yes, the luxury tents at Naturluxe & Stars are designed to withstand various weather conditions, including rain. They are made from 100% cotton canvas and either raised on a wooden platform or have an attached zippered vinyl floor to ensure a comfortable and dry stay.
What should I bring for a rainy glamping weekend at Naturluxe & Stars?
For a rainy glamping weekend, simply bring along clothing and personal gear that will keep you dry. This includes rain gear like jackets, ponchos, rain boots, and clothing that allows you to dress in layers and extra changes of clothes in case you get wet. You may choose to bring indoor rainy day activities such as books, art supplies, a favorite game, etc. No other rain-friendly or other camping gear is needed.
Are there any indoor facilities at Naturluxe & Stars for rainy days?
Yes, Naturluxe & Stars provides various covered facilities, including the luxury bathhouse,and Creekside Lodge tent, where you can enjoy activities, relax, and stay dry while still being surrounded by nature.
Is glamping in the rain suitable for families with children?
Glamping in the rain can be a memorable experience for kids. Some may even consider it a “right (rite??) of passage.” Encourage children to unplug, embrace their playful side, and enjoy activities like dancing in the rain, playing indoor games, or listening to raindrops in the Creek Side Lodge Tent. Depending on age, a rainy glamping weekend can provide a variety of outdoor adventures as well.